This is the ESC we use on all our Night Flyers. It is fully programmable, and includes a 2 amp 5 volt BEC. It will work on 6-16 volt (2-4s Li-Po) battery, and is rated at 30 amps continuous, 40 amps burst @ 10 seconds.
It is a perfect match for either of the CF2822-14 Brushless motors we sell, and has proven to be one of the most rugged and reliable ESCs we have ever used. Detail of the settings that can be programmed (via the transmitter) are listed in the Product Details section. Default values are usually the best for most brushless motors.
NOTE: This ESC does not come with any connectors pre-installed, you will need three (3) "bullet-type" connectors to match your motor, and one to match your battery.
DOWNLOAD: 30 amp ESC Programming Manual
30 amp Programmable ESC
1. Brake Setting：Enabled / Disabled, default is Disabled
2. Battery Type：Li-xx(Li-ion or Li-poly) / Ni-xx(NiMH or NiCd)，default is Li-xx.
3. Low Voltage Protection Mode (Cut-Off Mode)：Soft Cut-Off (Gradually reduce the output power) or Cut-Off (Immediately stop the output power). Default is Soft Cut-off.
4. Low Voltage Protection Threshold (Cut-Off Threshold)：Low / Medium / High, default is Medium.
1) For lithium batteries, the number of battery cells is calculated automatically. Low / medium / high cutoff voltage for each cell is: 2.6V/2.85V/3.1V. For example: For a 3 cell lithium pack, when “Medium” cutoff threshold is set, the cut-off voltage will be: 2.85*3=8.55V.
2) For nickel batteries, low / medium / high cut-off voltages are 0%/45%/60% of the startup voltage (i.e. the initial voltage of battery pack), and 0% means the low voltage cut-off function is disabled. For example: For a 10 cell NiMH battery, fully charged voltage is 1.44*6=8.64V, when “Medium” cut-off threshold is set, the cut-off voltage will be:8.64*50%=4.3V。
5. Startup Mode：Normal /Soft /Super-Soft, default is Normal.
Normal is preferred for fixed-wing aircraft. Soft or Super-soft are preferred for helicopters. The initial acceleration of the Soft and Super-Soft modes are slower in comparison, usually taking 1 second for Soft startup or 2 seconds for Super-Soft startup from initial throttle advance to full throttle. If the throttle is closed (throttle stick moved to bottom) and opened again (throttle stick moved to top) within 3 seconds of the initial startup, the restart-up will be temporarily changed to normal mode to get rid of the chances of a crash caused by slow throttle response. This special design is very suitable for aerobatic flight when quick throttle response is needed.
6. Timing：Low / Medium / High, default is Low.
Usually, low timing value can be used for most motors. We recommend the Low timing value for 2 pole motors and Medium timing value for motors with more than 6 poles to get a high efficiency. For higher speed, High timing value can be chosen.
Weight: 35 grams